Tai Chi & Qigong- Mindful Movement for Health
Tai Chi and Qigong are gentle forms of mindful exercise that integrate body and mind by creating movement meditation and internal energy flow.
- Move with calm and ease
- Improve balance skills
- Increase internal energy flow
- Develop muscle strength & endurance
- Enhance breathing & postural awareness
- The smooth flowing movements can help soothe your pain and build your strength, balance, concentration and flexibility.
- With regular practice you can empower your health to feel the long term benefits of optimum well-being.
Tai Chi for Health
Tai Chi for Health uses a series of gentle flowing exercises that are suitable for people who have arthritis, balance issues, movement difficulties or decreased fitness levels.
The duration of the courses can range from 5-8 weeks, depending on the program. Programs taught include Tai Chi for Osteoporosis, Tai Chi for Diabetes, Tai Chi for Rehabilitation (courses are applicable to everyone, regardless of health condition)
Registration for the duration of the specified program is required to assist with learning a new skill.
- Sessions include warm-up exercises, the principles of Tai Chi in movement meditation for calming the mind, strengthening the body, and learning simple Tai Chi forms. All levels are welcome.
- Courses are delivered by Mandy Hogan, Physiotherapist and certified instructor for Tai Chi for Health Institute.
- Contact us for details and dates on the next upcoming workshop: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0409577940 to book in
- Tai Chi Session times: Variable day and evening programs - 5-8 weeks duration of weekly sessions, 1 hour duration
( Wednesdays 5.15pm). Numbers are strictly limited. Bookings essential. Phone 0409577940.
The art of Qigong consists primarily of meditation, relaxation, physical movement, mind-body integration and breathing exercises. It is also known as Daoist Yoga. We focus on the medical version that uses self-healing exercises to improve the quality of life by keeping the body relaxed and supple and ensuring the internal energy flows strong and healthy. It enhances harmony in body and mind. Anyone can learn to practise Qigong- in standing or sitting. The forms taught are The Six Harmonies (Liu He Gong), The Eight methods of Essence (Ba Duan Jin) and Tai Ji Shibahsi, Qigong for Long life & longevity
- Qigong Session times: Thursdays 09.00AM (RIVER SESSION) weekly sessions ( 1 hour). Phone 0409577940. Weekend workshops seasonally- please contact us for upcoming sessions.
Place: Templeton St Boat Ramp, Wangaratta, Victoria
All welcome. No experience required.
BYO chair if you are unable to tolerate a full session in standing
Phone 0409577940 to register or for enquiries