Clinical Pilates Pathway – How We Do It…
- Initial Consultation by an experienced Physiotherapist for an in-depth analysis of your clinical history and physical functional ability.
- The first consultation consultation provides a thorough musculoskeletal assessment & screening.
- Education and Goal Setting is important to assist with achieving your physical expectations. Home exercises may be included.
INDIVIDUAL EXERCISE PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Subsequent consultations: (3-5 weeks)
- One-on-One Skill training with the physiotherapist or exercise physiologist to develop, monitor and progress an evidence-based exercise Clinical Pilates program
SUPERVISED SMALL GROUP SESSIONS
- One hour Exercise sessions (limited to 4 participants)
- Recommended attendance: 2-3 x per week
- Postural, core stability, flexibility & dynamic skill exercises are performed under expert supervision for technique correction. Equipment used will include any of: Reformer Bed, Trapeze Table, Pilates Barrel, Box, Fit ball, Balance boards, Jump Board, Mat, Tubing, Cable weights.
- Re-assessment for progression when you are ready to vary or upgrade your exercise program.
- Intermittent review consultations: 3-6 monthly
- Re-evaluation of your physical condition and exercise goals to include dynamic changes which ensure you continue to work towards your specific goals.
INDEPENDENT PILATES EXERCISE WORKOUT
- Ongoing Studio attendance + home program
- Regular practice and progressive resistance is required to improve stability / strength / flexibility/ bone density. This ensures long lasting health benefits.
How to get started with Clinical Pilates…
This is how it’s done……
You make an appointment for a physiotherapy Clinical Pilates assessment.
Bookings are essential for all assessments, reviews and group exercise sessions. Phone 0409 577 940