Clinical Pilates Pathway – How We Do It…
- Initial Consultation by an experienced Physiotherapist for an in-depth analysis of your clinical history and physical functional ability.
- The first consultation consultation provides a thorough musculoskeletal assessment & screening.
- Education and Goal Setting is important to assist with achieving your physical expectations. Home exercises are always included.
INDIVIDUAL EXERCISE PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- One-on-One Skill training with the physiotherapist to develop, monitor and progress an evidence-based exercise Clinical Pilates program that you will do at home
EXERCISE SESSIONS for home use
- Postural, core stability, flexibility & dynamic skill exercises are taught with expert supervision for technique correction. Equipment used will include any of Pilates Barrel, Box, Fit ball, Balance boards, Mat, Tubing, hand weights.
- Re-assessment for progression when you are ready to vary or upgrade your exercise program.
- Intermittent review consultations: 3-6 monthly
- Re-evaluation of your physical condition and exercise goals to include dynamic changes which ensure you continue to work towards your specific goals.
ONGOING EXERCISE PROGRESSION
- Regular practice and progressive resistance is required to improve stability / strength / flexibility/ bone density. This ensures long lasting health benefits.
How to get started with Clinical Pilates…
This is how it’s done……
You make an appointment for a physiotherapy Clinical Pilates assessment.
Bookings are essential for all assessments, reviews and exercise sessions. Phone 0409 577 940